Solar Sports First Fives Introduced (Anchors, Analysts, Etc.)
September 4, 2008 by Benjie Cruz
Solar Sports â€œfirst fives” of anchors, analysts, courtside reporters and interviewers are out.
1. Mico Halili – One of the better anchors today. Just don’t pair him with Barry Pascua and he’ll lose the appetite to do good on his play by play.
2. Vitto Lazatin – Please Vitto, DO NOT SHOUT! And, enough of the Kamla imitation.
3. Ed Picson – This guy is an institution and a goodluck charm for Ginebra San Miguel. Right Neil?
4. Paolo Trillo – Uhm, he’s better doing the sidecourt reporting. His dad is a better anchor I think. Remember the early Vintage days?
5. Jude Turcuato – Kaboom! He’s the boss!
1. Norman Black – Good choice. Experience at all levels (college, pro ball, coach, amateur, US play) makes him a complete walking baskepedia. Request Norman, more tagalog words and Burlington halftime basketball tips, in short shorts please.
2. Danny Francisco – Finally, welcome to the PBA.
3. Quinito Henson – The Dean, what can I say. PBA aint complete without Quinito “WHAT A SHOT!” Henson. Idol!
4. Vince Hizon – Ahhhm, Patricia handed out his resume to Jude.
5. Jason Webb – Good choice. I like Jason Webb but boy I miss his playing days. I miss his 180MPH chest pass, his clanking jump shots and left handed reverse layups. Can’t Claudine join Solar Sports? Please enlist her.
1. Richard del Rosario – Should have been in the Analyst/Anchor Pool. With no Solar Sports salary cap restriction, please trade him with Paolo Trillo in the Anchor pool.
2. Patricia Bermudez-Hizon – One of few female courtside reporters (Chiqui Roa was good) who knows basketball. Super bonus, she doesn’t shout out her reports.
3. Eric Reyes – Just remove his constant checking of his phone (is he texting) during the games, he is fine. Wait, is he allowed to text during games?
4. Anthony Suntay – What now, he’s leaving ESPN?
5. Dominic Uy – Yep, Philippines always has job openings for Mestizos. Dominic is one of the worst interviewers this side of the planet. Rarely you’ll get good conversation if Uy handles it. Wait, his job now is courtside reporter (interviewers below), I guess he’s promoted. Thanks Solar, no more Uy interviews.
1. Peaches Aberin – Anyway?
2. Reema Chanco – Been with Solar, should definitely be on board the PBA. And, PBA – Solar need court side reporters possessing good abs and nice back. Reema Chanco CV sent to Solar: Degree – Journalism major in Sports; School – UP; Abs – Great; Butt – Greater.
3. Lia Cruz – Trained via NBA coverage, she’s ripe for the PBA. Pardon me for using the word “ripe” on Lia. And by the way, she sports nice shirts with nice prints. I like that.
4. Cheska Litton – Forget basketball. I just googled her now, I looked at her and now I say, she’s a good choice to do PBA. Google her.
5. Marga Vargas – She’s been in the PBA for a while. Another good holdover chic. She’s now reporting calmly unlike in the old days. And now does spontaneous lines, no more memorized monologue eh?
How about you? Agree with Solar Sports selection or are they missing out on a few?