Fight Marquez again (36%)
Fight Floyd (26%)
Retire and enjoy his money (22%)
Be a full-time pastor (12%)
Be a full-time showbiz guy (4%)
Total Votes: 300
At the end of the regular season, what will be record of the Los Angeles Lakers?
- 55 – 27 (39%)
- 60 – 22 (28%)
- 67 – 15 (16%)
- 82 – 0 (9%)
- 72 – 10 (8%)
Total Votes: 100
- No, I hate his conyo accent (27%)
- Yes, he knows the game very well (26%)
- No, diction needs improvement (17%)
- No… “but then again” (17%)
- Yes, I like his honest opinions (10%)
- Yes, I love his sexy voice (3%)
Total Votes: 105
The poll votes don’t favor Jojo Lastimosa but you see the bold answer? That’s my answer. Yes, I like his honest opinions. Ok forget about the accent but with his style of honest talk, knowledge of the game and PBA history, he’s gaining some fans as a TV guy, yours truly included. And maybe if we’ll redo this poll after year, we may see a turnaround in opinions.
By the way, I wrote the most FB-recommended post of all time, and in the world, and it has Jolas notes, click here. Excerpts below…
You know Jolas was a great player because many hated him during his heydays. Being a Ginebra fan, I for one hated him – 1998 up to the last juice of that Alaska 90’s core. (Ok, some uber-dangerous fouls he committed against Samboy Lim added to the fire). But then again, I so love him now! Jolas was the key player of Alaska in the early 90s but it was in the mid-90s when the core peaked. That’s when he got close to winning the MVP award. In 1996, the year when Alaska scored a grand slam, there was a race among mates Johnny Abarrientos, Bong Hawkins and Jolas, plus Alvin and Marlou Aquino too. The award eventually went to the Flying A. But then again (“but then again” – Jolas’ fave line), his teammates and his fans (and I) look at him as a player worthy of the MVP trophy.
Who’s the greatest PBA coach of all time?
Tim Cone (32%)
Baby Dalupan (21%)
Robert Jaworski (21%)
Chot Reyes (8%)
Yeng Guiao (6%)
Ron Jacobs (6%)
Norman Black (4%)
Siot Tanquingcen (2%)
Tommy Manotoc (0%)
Total Votes: 112
This is filler/test post, testing our new domain (www.hoo.ph). Still, these are actual votes and a legit poll.
Hey friends, we have something to giveaway to open up the 2012-2013 PBA Philippine Cup. Five (5) Lazada loot giveaways set (t-shirt, 2 card vouchers P100 & P300, fan, notebook, pen and a mug.)
Simple mechanics now, just guess the best players of the 5 chosen games below. One (1) winner per game/playing date. Two ways to join, answer via comments below or join via twitter, follow us there.
Sep 30 – Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings vs Globalport Batang Pier (Winner: @thetweetofalvin)
Oct 3 – Air21 Express vs Barako Bull Energy Cola
Oct 5 – Meralco Bolts vs Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters
Oct 7 – Globalport Batang Pier vs Air21 Express
Oct 10 – Alaska Aces vs Meralco Bolts
Just give your Best Player of the Games of all the 5 games. One winner per game. If participants picked same best player of the game, we’ll pick a random winner. Lemme thank our friends from one of the best online stores Lazada for sending in the prizes for this “best player game”.
We will ship the prizes for free wherever you are in the Philippine territory, Spratlys included.
Name of Promotion: Be the First to own iPhone 5
Promotion duration: September 28, 2012 to October 5, 2012, raffle draw on October 6, 2012
- Open to all registered users of Lazada of legal age, who are residing in the Philippines. They must also have a Lazada account and corresponding account information such as the user’s first name, surname, e-mail address, gender and date of birth, his/her mailing address and his/her billing address.
How to Join:
- For a minimum single purchase P 2,000 of the products available starting 12pm, September 28, 2012 to 11:59pm, October 5, 2012 entitles a customer to one (1) raffle stub.
- A customer can qualify and get as many raffle tickets as he or she can provide single purchase of any of the items be done. One (1) raffle ticket is equivalent to minimum purchase of P 2,000.
1 iPhone 5 will be given away
- A qualifying customer gets a confirmation email that he or she is eligible for the raffle draw. The email shall also contain the raffle ticket number and the terms and conditions of the raffle draw.
- The winners will be selected at random on October 6, 2012, 4PM, at the main office of Lazada Philippines. The names of the entrants will be printed and folded, placed in a box, and a Lazada representative will pick the 2 winners, witnessed by a DTI representative.
- The winners will be informed through phone call and registered mail. The prize will be delivered to the preferred address, or collected at the Lazada office. If it’s the latter, the winner has 90 days from receipt of the registered mail to pick up the winning prize from Lazada.
- Lazada employees and their relatives up to the 3rd degree consanguinity or affinity are excluded from participating in this promotion.
Terms and Conditions:
- By joining this promo, a customer confirms that he or she has read and understood, and agree to the promo mechanics, including but not limited to its terms and conditions.
- Cancelled orders before October 6, 2012 will automatically be disqualified from the raffle draw.
- Prizes are not convertible to cash and non-transferrable.
- In claiming the prize, the winner needs to present at least one valid ID and the receipt of the original purchased item. Lazada has the right to ask for another ID if deemed necessary.
- In case of a winner’s representative claiming the prize, an authorization letter coming from the winner must be presented together with the winner’s valid ID and the receipt of the original purchased of the item and the representative’s valid ID. The winner’s signature in the ID and the authorization letter presented must be the same. The authorization letter must state the full name of the representative claiming the prize on his or her behalf.
- Number of times a person may win: A person can win only once.
*Disclosure: Just sharing Lazada.com.ph’s cool “Be the First to own iPhone 5″ promo. They are our friends and they sponsor some of HooPh’s giveaways/freebies.
With Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant & LeBron James, is this US Basketball team unbeatable in the 2012 Olympics?
- YES (81 votes)
- NO (19 votes)
81 voted yes, they are unbeatable. So far, they are. In 2 won games (they blasted France and as expected, trashed Tunisia), the average winning margin is 37 points. This differential will go down as the competition heats up and top teams advance. After another “practice game” versus Nigeria, level of play goes up their last two preliminary games, Lithuania and Argentina. But I can’t see them losing a game in these games. USA can survive off night by multiple players and we will see other stars and reserves picking up the slack. And besides, their mean defense doesn’t allow easy shots, 2nd chance attempts, etc. In other words, they are in complete control. Only super hot 3 point shooting by opposing team and super bad games from 4-5 USA players can result in a big upset. And, I can’t see that happening.
Just Retweet This… Game! Win Powerade tumbler & towel RT this w/ ur ending guess BMEG-RoS Gm 2 (cutoff halftime). Free shipping. pic.twitter.com/cRnUVrbE
Game! Win Powerade tumbler & towel RT this w/ ur ending guess BMEG-RoS Gm 2 (cutoff halftime). Free shipping. twitter.com/hooph/status/2…
— HooPh! (@hooph) July 24, 2012
Cutoff is halftime of Finals Game 2, B-MEG vs RoS.
Prize is a Powerade tumbler & towel combo. Next time we have contest, I’ll contact RoS and B-MEG marketing heads if they are willing to sponsor our game, I’ll ask for a liter of paint or a kilogram of feeds.
Can LeBron tie Michael Jordan and win 5 more rings?
- NO (71%)
- YES (29%)
Total Votes: 105
6 championships is one heck of a feat and is tough to duplicate. Ask Kobe.
So I voted “NO” too and I’ll be writing a full-post about this question/post and will give my estimate LeBron career ring count.
Factoring Dwayne Wade’s decline, Kevin Durant ascent, LeBron built/body, etc., I have him winning at least ___ more. More on this soon.
How bout you, when it is all said and done, how many total rings will LeBron win?
It’s at ph.nba.com. For the latest NBA news and views, check it out.
Here are the posts links…