Just asking… do you really want to see a Pacquiao – Marquez IV?
Total Votes: 150
Let’s do “ending game” again via twitter.
Cutoff is halftime of 2nd game, Petron vs TNT.
Also, this is the issue with FireQuinito’s Tim Cone special feature. So if you’re a fan of BMEG like FireQuinito (hehe), join please. Or simply, if you want one awesome mag, Esquire Magazine is one good read.
Again, here’s the link.
Happy that the PBA games now are getting better and better as we wind down the elims/classification and happy that the NBA is back, so it’s to time for a giveaway.
Join our ending game and win this book, Pacific Rims: Beermen Ballin’ in Flip-Flops and the Philippines’ Unlikely Love Affair with Basketball by Paeng Bartolome.
Big game tomorrow, Petron Blaze Boosters vs Brgy Ginebra Kings, so let’s take that game.
RT THIS TWEET and win the book. Free shipping anywhere in the Philippines.If no exact ending guess, I’ll take the closest one (and the first one who RTd). So surely, this book will fly tomorrow.
I’ll just buy another copy. BTW, here’s the amazon link if you wanna buy the book, the sosi way.
November 12, 2011—bloggers , online writers and seasoned editors came together for One Hyundai Club’s (OHC) announcement: Hyundai Asia Resources Inc.(HARI) is set on giving us the ultimate lifestyle event of 2012– the One Hyundai Club: Life in Style!
First things first: yes, you heard it right. There REALLY is a ONE HYUNDAI CLUB, established on December 2010. It has 13,000+ members already, to date. The One Hyundai Club is the customer loyalty club that HARI,( the exclusive distributor of Hyundai vehicles in the Philippines,) organized to give back to the customers who believe in Hyundai. HARI, with 36 (and growing) dealerships nationwide, now ranks third in the automotive market.
Remember who sponsored that FREE RUN? Yes, it’s the same HYUNDAI that made the ACCENT RUN possible. Hyundai definitely lives up to “Creating Ingenious Possibilities for the People and the Planet.”
So, on January 14, 2012, expect a stylish, “this-is-the-life,” night prepared by HARI. This event shall be their way of thanking OHC members for their support to Hyundai, as they share the modern premium motoring lifestyle that Hyundai motorists are enjoying all- over the globe.
Watch out for these on January 12th:
1. The Launching of the One Hyundai Club Life in Style 2012 Journal
C’mon, Sam YG said it—all the ladies really want that Starbucks Diary. Well, if not that, give them the Belle Du Jour, Figaro, or the Moleskin Diaries. Women love journals, period. You know, like you guys love cars, your PS3s and the NBA. We love diaries and journals –the nice ones anyway. And this OHC Life in Style Journal is not an exception!
Owners of this journal will be treated to inspiring reads by renowed journalists and editors; a schedule of activities for OHC members for 2012; promos and freebies from Hyundai’s 107 partner merchants, to date.
2. Exciting Activities for Each Participant: Yes, you! You and your better half, your other half, or whoever you’re going to the event with.
Whether you’re the sosy-shopper, the food-lover, the classy chic, the certified nerd, the super buff, the sporty one, the boy-next-door, or the doting parent, Hyundai has something prepared for you. Look forward to experience beauty makeovers, cooking demos, indoor wall climbing, rapelling and art classes for kids.
3. Hourly Raffle!
Who doesn’t want to win? Everybody does. Hyundai and its partner merchants prepared nifty prizes for this big event. This is exclusive to OHC members. I’ve heard of the prizes, and trust me—I want to become a member now!!!
The best part about it is that whether or not you own a Hyundai NOW, you can come! This is open to One Hyundai Club Members, existing and potential Hyundai vehicle owners. Admission is absolutely free. HOW?
Log-in and register NOW at www.ohclifeinstyle.com.ph for more details. Got a facebook account? Like One Hyundai Club Life in Style too for updates.
Check for the opening of the registration from time to time, though. Registration opens once the details on the venue, schedule, etc. are finalized. Slots are limited, so watch out—you wouldn’t want to miss this “for every YOU” event.
WANT TO BECOME AN OHC MEMBER?
Application is free for existing and new Hyundai vehicle owners. One Vehicle= One Member Card; so if you have an Accent, a Tucson and a Starex, you get three membership cards which you can assign to yourself, or your family members.
If your car’s pre-owned, you’re still eligible for a membership card.
With this, you get access to the latest from Hyundai, exclusive perks and goodies, plus you can earn points from Hyundai genuine parts and Hyundai services as well. ?
Stay with us for more Hyundai updates!
- Petron Blaze Boosters (28%)
- Brgy Ginebra Kings (19%)
- B-MEG Llamados (*also with Triangle Offense) (17%)
- Talk N Text Tropang Texters (14%)
- Barako Bull Energy (8%)
- Rain or Shine Elasto Painters (6%)
- Alaska Aces (*with Triangle Offense) (5%)
- Shopinas.com Clickers (2%)
- Powerade Tigers (1%)
- Meralco Bolts (0%)
Total Votes: 257
Hey friends, let’s just get this out of the way, this poll-post has been in the drafts for months. And it’s late October and still no NBA game (pre-season and actual regular season games) so let’s post NBA-something.
We asked, “Who is the best dunker of all time in the NBA?”
And the answer is MJ, first. Followed by the Vinsanity, then the Mamba.
I checked and re-checked out MJ in-game dunks contra Vince’s and Kobe’s and I kinda feel MJ’s 50% lead on VC and thrice the votes of Kobe is a lil over the top. But hey, people have spoken so we’ll take it. MJ is dunk-king.
Michael Jordan 157
Vince Carter 102
Kobe Bryant 33
Dominique Wilkins 33
Um, Blake Griffin 29
Julius Earvin 10
Joe Dumars 3
Dumars got 3 votes! Blame this dunk.
Sorry LeBron fans, we forgot to insert “Lebron” answer, our bad.
- LeBron James (31%)
- Dirk Nowitzki (18%)
- Blake Griffin (14%)
- Dwayne Wade (14%)
- Dwight Howard (13%)
- VINCE CARTER (4%)
- Steve Nash (4%)
- Carmelo Anthony (2%)
Total Votes: 250
The NBA lockout is currently dragging and the resolution not quite in the horizon. In fact, NBA wiped out a portion of the regular season ‘coz they cant find middle ground. So surely, NBA players will continue to tour the US, and the world.
WITH THAT SAID (I love it, “with that said”), the question is, who’s the next NBA superstar you’d like to see play here in the Philippines?
I am not really the biggest fan of LeBron James but have to agree with the 31%. LeBron James playing in the Philippines is exciting, and intriguing.
Rounding out the rest of the top 5 are, Dirk, Blake, Wade and finally, Howard. That’s one mean starting 5! If we have alien visitors wanting to play hoops for the right to get all earth’s minerals, we have to go with this five.
LeBron James playing against Filipino basketball players is arousing. Who’s to guard the 6-8 250 pound freight train? Will the Philippine rims be able to withstand LeBron’s power dunks. Do the Filipino referees have the guts to call travel on Bron’ crab attack? Will he be able to out-do and out-sell the Kobe Bryant led Smart Ultimate All-Star Weekend?
And most important of all, will LeBron James play in the 4th quarter? No, I’m serious. Kobe, in the Smart Ultimate All-Stars, he sat out most of the fourth! It’s a valid question.
Here are the votes (or lack thereof) for our poll… “How would you describe Floyd Mayweather’s KO of Victor Ortiz?”
My vote in bold and italicized.
- Defending Floyd Mayweather Jr. http://t.co/fS82I5by via @socializeWP #
- Spain wins 2011 Eurobasket by @sydrified http://t.co/7zRGULmJ via @socializeWP #
- so shamcey will do a parade in makati. well-deserved. if nakasakay pa din si chavit sa float, ayawan na. #
- dela hoya says its “bad sportsmanship” by Mayweather. how about you? what u think? we’r running new poll at site… http://t.co/xz4E7aWR #
- larry, why you didnt use this strong arm tactic to floyd!? http://t.co/gRgqbNdx via @youtube #
- to host or to build? goodluck mica RT @micaabesamis Life changing decision today. #
- PACQUIAO: Epitome of Sportsmanship by Nene Pimentel http://t.co/j4N2LcYz via @AddThis #
- sergio martinez: “ill fight pacman at 150lbs” pac wins, theyll say he won over a drained man. #
- sergio, ikaw kaya ang mag add ng weight and fight the bigger guys, super middle and light heavy. fight hopkins. #
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao: Who would win? [Poll] http://t.co/IltGqH9X via @latimessports #
- Lewis Brown, former PBA import, dies at 56 http://t.co/DlHbUA7w #
- check out commissioner chito saluds honor roll… http://t.co/gIeuZE9K #
- Philippine and Chinese Basketball http://t.co/fWAvVjAp #
- wow (A) we beat japan, we get taiwan or lebanon. (B) japan beats us, we get korea or iran. we choose A. #
- defense will win us this game. #
- if our frontline plays this way against china (and other top teams), we have a chance. #
- and when i say gilas frontline, its basically DOUTHIT plus say 8 points each from kelly & ranidel. #
- italian offer for kobe, 600k per game, he can shoot 40x a game. with an opt out clause? An offer hecant refuse? #vitocorleone #
- dominic uy aka rudy fernandez signs deal w/ real madrid. Dallas fans need not worry, deal has opt out. Hes a maverick. at least for a season #
- what if tom game vs syria, close game nanalo gilas via skyhook ni douthit, pwede bang headline, SYRIANS, JINABAR! #
- lil backread… ilang mga katanungan sa PBA http://t.co/2gGS797r posted by mark, my cuz, who promised to post more at site. #
- & super lil sweat to shoes gives more grip to floor, shoe cnt be dry @SeecraftsManila players wipe soles of shoes to rid their hands sweat#
- http://t.co/Vw9a5di0 Floyd’s protecting himself at all times (New post by my cousin mark. old/new contributor at hooph) #
- http://t.co/absqlccF i think we’ve been adding more contributors than actual sports posts. hehe. #
- kerby to the max! #
- catching the game now, first scouting report, naka long-sleeves yung coach ng syria. #
- last thing we need now is to give these syrians confidence. and make this a hard game than its supposed to be. #
- syria now up by 8. off a fastbreak atoy co-ish three. 27 – 19. #
- 32 – 23 syria up. so far, the story of the first half,”Syrians Pumutok!” #
- last 2 games, we’re able to comeback strong in the second half and win. hopefully, gilas can do it again tonight. #
- coach ronnie: douthit is so vital sa ating kampanya. #alamna #
- so far weve outscored syrian by 15 this quarter. #
- Would it be fine kay MVP, china rest its players mamaya sa Japan. And Japan winning big. sounds family. #
- sabay nawala ang shooting ng Syria and yung trending RT @dino_mars Syria is trending, LOL. #gogilas #
- hope we can clear the taiwan. Then, who you want to win, iran or jordan. Iran is tough but can we win 2 straight vs jordan. #
- pacman – marquez tickets almost sold out. Already passing the mayweather – ortiz gate cash. Real starpower. #
- nuggets invading china.3rd player to sign is kenyon martin. Again, no opt out. The othr 2, chandler & smith. Thz guys r up to smthin.#
- 20 years today, when NBA started globalizing hoops via Dream Team.Now NBA is globalizing it further w players playing abroad coz of Lockout! #
- frigin star power huh? 3000 unsold tix for the mayweather fight. pacman filled dallas stadium with 50k souls! and he got no namer as opp. #
- http://t.co/MWiatasP “Any Phil Basketball Training Camps for Adults?” Try coach E’s clnics. or Magsanocs. Really? jrnba is for kids only? #
- Are you ready for a Manny Pacquiao presidency? http://t.co/nDaavM0v via @PhilstarNews #
- 11 teams in D-League http://t.co/gPogDaqY #
- yeah, all games live tom at ch13. free gift for hoops addicts. go gilas. madami-daming enertone commercials to. #
- Hottest F1 wives and girlfriends http://t.co/Xtbq9DBC #
- FIBA Asia – Who’s going to the Olympics? The analysis is in! | FIBA.COM http://t.co/ibKda8gu #
- Richard Jeter Reel, SMB-ABL Import http://t.co/gsi2CES7 via @socializeWP #
- 2 clear options for kobe incase this lockout eats up regular season games, play in italy and give players loans, establish THE BANK OF KOBE. #
- marvin hagler: I’ve had harder sparring sessions (on losing to sugar ray) awesome grantland piece. pinuyat ako ako. http://t.co/HV5mKNgC #
- Forget work! watchin the whole fight Hagler vs Leonard. and im scoring! Nerd. http://t.co/o1KP4aju via @youtube #
- crowd cheering for taiwan. maybe not because theyre partly “chinese” but because they dont want phil to advance and be there for china. #
- for the nth time, gilas starting slow. hopefully theyll do better this half. they cant always rely on a good 2nd half kick. #
- Nauna pa nag-trending ang Chinese Taipei, ayaw ng twitter algorithm yung forced trending. tpe 30 – phi 26. #
- 9 points by gilas and a FT by taipei, its a tied game. #
- the bench, thats gilas main weapon. lots of capable players. reason why we can put points in bunches and play tough defense whole game. #
- scouting report: i think @cabaggie_5 ‘s hair is softer than taipei’s center, chen. #
- we’re now up by 10. 58 – 48. and jimmy hasnt played yet. #
- sa paartehan, panalo chinese taipei. #
- 74 – 57. phil up. earlier, TV briefly showed pretty chinese cheerleaders. pero sa astig dolls pa din ako. #
- oooh, taiwanese open for a three, he passed up. a travel by his mate. lead could have gone down to 12. lucky break. thank you SHOTI. #
- douthit with a kobe bryant move. gets foul. also called paul pierce move. kinda bait defender, arms tangled, go for shot. 83 – 67 now. #
- de ocampo with a great post up move, and one! bakit ba si ranidel de ocampo ang tinawag na mr. postman? eh panay tres yun. #
- daim, back to back 3, down to 7. 2 min 11 sec to go. 2 missed FTs by marcio. #
- clutch FTs by @chris_tiu. lead to 9. then a turnover by taiwan. chris with a great pass to ranidel. lead to 11. mabuhay ang pinas! we’re in. #
- 37 points by marcus. great performance. hope vs jordan, he’ll play this kind of game. Go LEBANON (vs china in a few)! #
First and second picks JV Casio and Paul Lee top the survey. Not far behind is Mark Barroca of B-MEG. Barroca is my darkhorse bet (ok not that really that of a darkhorse ‘coz he was picked 5th, still high) to win the Rookie of the Year. Remember that, advancing to the quarters or semis and playing for championships can get you more exposure and stat points. That may happen for Mark Barroca playing for B-MEG and if he gets the lead guard job.
Who will win the PBA Rookie of the Year?
JV Casio (24%)
Paul Lee (17%)
Mark Barroca (16%)
Mac Baracael (14%)
Chris Lutz (11%)
Reil Cervantes (9%)
Marcio Lassiter (4%)
Dylan Ababou (2%)
Allein Maliksi (2%)
Jason Ballesteros (1%)
Total Votes: 219