Last month we posted one piece at UNBLOGGED, Great PBA players without an MVP award that got pretty good hits, responses and FB recommendations. The past weeks, we conducted a poll about this topic too and here’s the result.
With ten to a dozen games to go, Who’s your 2010 – 2011 NBA MVP so far?
Via MASSIVE votes*, the poll results shows Derrick Rose barely winning over Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.
- D. Rose (29%)
- K. Bryant (28%)
- L. James (23%)
- K. Durant (6%)
- D. Wade (5%)
- M. Ginobili (4%)
- D. Nowitzki (3%)
- A. Stoudemire (1%)
- D. Howard (1%)
- C. Paul (0%)
*Total Votes: 150
Right now, I agree with the poll, I have Rose as the MVP. The media is leaning on Rose as well. That prompted Stan Van Gundy to voice out, yet another issue he has. Which is, media now anointing Rose as the one without Howard getting into the MVP mix. Said Gundy, “I don’t think it’s wide open. The media seems to have made their decision, and they’re the ones that vote. So I think it’s over.”
Michael Jordan also picked Derrick Rose to win the award he himself won many times in his career. Quipped MJ, “He deserves it. He’s playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn’t get it, now he’ll see how I felt a lot of years.”
But 10 games could really affect the final MVP votes. I really believe the tie-breaker between LeBron James and Derrick Rose for the MVP win is who got the better regular season record. For Rose and James, not only they want to top the east to get homecourt advantage in the playoffs, they have to get the east best mark to sway some votes.
If I have a vote, to date, here is my top five.
- Derrick Rose – His team is over-achieving, they’re on top of east with significant number of games missed by Noah & Boozer.)
- Dwight Howard – His offense is still there but his rebounding & defense win games for the Orlando Magic.)
- LeBron James – Despite a new team and the bench support (or lack thereof) he has, he still got stat sheets filled up and his team is still up there in contention.
- Kobe Bryant – I like him. Why not?
- Dirk Nowitzki – I like Dirk too.
How about you?