Here’s my game notebook for game 3. Was able to catch the game end of 2nd quarter coz I had some work to do that pays the bills (very unlike this basketball posting)
Since I covered only half the game, I’ll insert additional notes (ITALICIZED) on my game tweets.
- whoa, traffic. im home. im pickin up the game, 3rd quarter. and walah, magoo marjon on screen. my fave.
- andy says human nature, tnt will slack off. thats exactly what i said to my betting fella. im for smb tonyt. to the tune of 200 petot. (and I did win 200 pesos)
- tnt 37, smb 47, after an ali peek FTs. if tnt wins, im expecting trivias galore from ali peek. all night. (ali peek’s on court serious demeanor, fierce game, menacing looks, intimidating physique are completely opposite of his off-court personality. he is actually a cool guy on twitter. btw, tnt lost and ali was absent on twitter land last night. unlike paul artadi, win or lose, he’s tweeting away!)
- alapag no respect whatsoever with artadi’s shooting, or lack there of.
- cabagnot with back-to-back assists to danny i. maybe danny i supplies alex cabagnot’s mane & tail. tnt 56 smb 44
- remember when i said, enrico villanueva is p*rn lead male star look material? so is jared dillinger. (ok lets do this, who are the sexy film materials in the PBA, Enrico Villanueva, Jared Dillinger, Rudy Hatfield of course, James Yap makes the list. But for sexy comedy film, run away winner is Wesley Gonzales.)
- another pass by cabagnot to danny. tnt misses and cabagnot hits two. i can smell my 200 pesos already.
- jared with a nice pass, to chot. (turn-over TnT)
- even 20 point lead by smb. 66 – 46. cabagnot is holding court.
- danny i mvp 2001, still playing productive ball 10 yrs after his mvp year. (very few players lasted another 10 years in the pba after winning his MVP.)
- johnny a faded 10 yrs after his lone 1996. alvin did not get to 2007 after winning his last mvp in 1997. mon fernandez retired 6 years later after winning 1988 mvp.
- (Other players who lasted another 10 years after wining their MVP…) jawo played 2 decades later after winning 1978 mvp. and paras won 1999 mvp again after winning 1989 mvp.
- smb 72 tnt 53. speaking of johnny a, jason castro is touted to be next johnny, why cant jason fulfil the promise? (why? because johnny a, though super quick and fast, he was calculated and never out of control. And Abarrientos’ mid-range shooting game is deadly. He has better basketball IQ than Castro too.)
- coach chot pulling out his stars, ah yeah, the mind games. (I believe Chot Reyes off-season sideline is being a speaker, or motivational coach, I think he has an outfit or business along that line. and he haz parlor too!)
- lemme me just say that jared dillinger is the most sosyal kangkarot in the pba now. (and i hope you understand kangkarot)
- hall of fame kangkarot is… jayvee gayoso.
End of third quarter, time now for the Twitter invite.Â Follow HOOPH on twitter and improve our follower ratio improve to 3 is to 1. 3 real followers to one “bot” follower. (By the way, since the last game tweet I had, we gained 20 new followers, by that rate, by 2157, we’ll have 2000 followers! yay!)
- start of 4q. carey scores 2. smb 77 – tnt 58. scary moment for smb, danny s is down.
- this is dangerous for tnt, theyr giving smb tooooooooo muchhhhhhhhh confidence. this could carry over to the next game. make d game close. (mark these words, after this blow-out, SMB regained the momentum, they will win game 4. wanna bet? seriously, wanna bet, 200 pesos max. my food allowance ill bet it. kids don’t try this on your baon)
- oreta and castro with some classic hits targetting alex. im telling you, alex’ hair is starting to be the envy of the league. (i think today they were fined by the league 10k each.)
- HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOW MICA ABESAMIS WHEN SHE SPEAKS!?
- cabagnot doing his best steve nash impersonation. (but he carried the ball that time.)
- oreta hesitated on his shot, and he missed. next game it will be coach chot who will hesitate to put him on floor.
- ok now lets take a look at mica abesamis now… http://hoops.blink.ph/2009/03/07/mica-abesamis-takes-over/
- is there any other player who got surname that describes him well? cmon, mick penissi is the runaway winner!
- timeout, geez i dont even know the score. ah here…
- 87 61 smb, but fonacier scoring a 3. 8:02 left in the 4th qtr. (via @nicole_eunice)
Inserting a commercial here… HOW ABOUT BUY SOME DSLR Accessories here.
- (Back to the game) asi taulava, pretty good. his surname reflects his physique.
- bong hawkins, the hawk. not bagay. that guy didnt jump (fly) his whole career. (other players whos name/surname fit them… Paras – me anghang ang laro, Jolas- parang madulas, Samigue, Samboy – tunog umeere, Joey Sta. Maria – parang mabait, Limpot, Ricky Brown, Rabeh Al-Hussaini – parang mahilig sa kebab, Topex, Yancy – tunog ng ayaw makipag banggaan sa ilalim, Reavis – parang mapang-sisi na kakampi, Mark Macapagal – sounds like he’ll shoot the ball whatever happens)
- ANDY JAO: “you know the TNT is completely being outplayed here.” DUH? and the sun will rise tomoro. (by the way, ill take andy jao as the analyst most of the time, but when the doc starts talking about nba when I know, he doesn’t follow nba hard like many of us do, i am thankful, the tv manufacturer did not forget to include the “mute” button on the RC.)
- uy, nadito pala si rich. (alvarez, FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK!)
- smb 97 – tnt 75. garbage time.
- @hooph c(k)abagnotan translates to damuhan… So cabagnot..is madamo..ehehe go figure… (via nicole_eunice)
- i think ill pass on that “damuhan” and cabagnot corelation. :-)
- @nicole_eunice dick pennisi FTW.
- smb with a 21 point lead, and sunday is bloddy mess. heads to the dugout.
- and it ended with that lead, 21. danny i mvp of the game. time now to greet his folks all over.
- for smb to win the next game, i think they need to retire mick. then let mick pennisi to do some pep talk.
- didnt catch the whole game but happy coz i heard some of my fave lines from mico halilli, “bibical proportions” “sunday special” & KABOOM!
- @mbrmrph yes dear, did not mention his name or anything bout him now coz of the situation. hell be stronger im sure. our prayers.
- final score 103 – 82, smb ftw.
- geez just what the world needed, alex cabagnot, in the dugout, on towel, wet hair and all. is the director um… forget it.
- coverage over, our help wants to watch wowowee prime time edition
- speaking of willing willie, how long is this show btw, its 9.30 already and still the girls are gyrating still.
- excluding @shalanisoledad of course. she doesnt dance. “kantanong” thats her line.
- my last non sports twit of the day. either willie is a revolutinary tv man or people TV taste is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy low. his show is a cheap friggin piyesta show on air and its a hit show.
- by the way, this twitter game coverage is brought to you by dragon katol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToSXFkjCu1k
- this is twrap. twitter wrap. twrap.
The series is heating up, likely, I’ll do this again on Game 4. Join me please. Pretty please.
These are my notes (game log) scooped from Twitter. Follow us on twitter BTW.
For it to be authentic and thought of the moment thing, I will not edit the tweets (and I am lazy).
- nevermind that this is SMC fest, this sanmig – gins game ill watch end to end. last time i watched wire to wire is… i dont remember.
- cabagnot booed by gin fans.could mean he is really good or they are envy of the alex’ hair.
- cabagnot shd be flaterrd if bood by gins. other playrs bood by gin fans, jolas, alvin, ramon, hawkins, asaytono, good company.
- jason webb said washington hit on mark is not a tech. its a tech. coz foul already outside on cabgnot. and he fouled mark again.
- jay washington = jess lapid jr.
- i dunno if enrico villanueva will take this as a complement, he got this good looks, the look of lead male p*rn star.
- if you’ll send ronald tubid back in time and switch him w hubalde, bernie fabiosa wont notice the diff. lalo na kung di nag ahit si tubid.
- on hubalde – tubid switch, of course when tubid starts missing pa-board shots, and starts flopping, we’ll know its not hubalde.
- satin satin lang to ha, danny seigle acts like a spoiled brat and feels he’s stil superstar. 2001 ba?
- this got to be written in the record books, for team managers, samboy lim holds the all time record for most number of player taps.
- who are the current players of ginebra that can play with the jaworski era ginebra?
- obviously, mark caguioa got the game and “tricks” to play for jawo. he is shoo-in.
- tubid is perfect for jawo. mukang uto uto din sa coach eh. JAWO: ronald dito ka! this is you. abangan mo si cabagnot! TUBID: yes coach!
- Ooops, the score… Gin 41 – SMB 39.
- Eric Menk can play for jawo-era ginebra. no question. heck, mamaril passed jawo big-man standards.
- Willie Wilson can play jawo-basketball. definitely.
- Hatfiled fits jawo style to a “H”, err T.
- romulo mamaril, texted me, he said billy mamaril got what it takes to play for jawo-like ginebra. i said what? the surname?
- what the? every game, olsen racela hits crucial end of quarters points. this guy is clutch. wait, i remember busan still. HE IS NOT CLUTCH.
- mark caguioa = funny. “MGA FILAMS KASI YANG SMB” something iike that. hehe
- smb 46 – gins 45. half time.
HALFTIME BEGGING: Let me urge you to follow HOOPH on twitter.
- artadi fouled rudy. makes 2 FTs. rudy fouled artadi. misses 2 FTs.
- smb making mistake by low posting jay wash vs villanueva. jay wash should attack from the outside.
- amazingly, cabagnot always goes to his right. he is a leftee. 62 gins – 60 ginebra.
- pena missed 1 FT. i guess he is half inspired today, maybe missing pops fernandez. he is back on the line now.
- cabagnot goes left and he lost the ball. hmmm. if i am the defender ill seal his right… and hide cabagnots hair conditioner too
- how old is dondon honti? hes been around since the mba days since 1998. thats like a 13 year good career run. he cud be 34 if he started 21.
- dondon resume: mba cebu gems runner up. good tanduay career. phil international representation, smb championships and dated VALERIE.
- John Wilson with 2 ober da bakod shots. thats his game 6 stats so far.
- (timeout, not tweeted) i miss the ELASTOSEAL commercial. AY!
- ah yeah, thanks we got youtube… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0en8R4EWPM
Since we’re takin breaks, let’s pause, and I urge you to follow HOOPH on twitter. Ay!
- tim cone cant believe what he is watching now, willie miller actually orchestrating offense. ginebra 69, san miguel 67.
- rudy hatfield = paul jr (american choppers)
- if enrico is the RAGING BULL he should stop pump fakin and go strong for two!
- di naman ganung halata na gusto manalo ni sev ang ginebra.
- mark caguioa 3 secs off from bench hits a three. and arwind hits back with a three. 73 gins – 74 smb.
- what the, caidic just tapped intal 4 straight times. for this game heres the log, samboy 183 taps – caidic 179 player taps. this is close!
- intal commited his 4th foul this quarter. sonny cabatus record of 6 fouls in a quarter is in danger.
- 78 smb 75 ginebra. arwind santos catching fire.
- this is santos vs tubid. both air21 alumni. pba doesnt need developmental league. air21 redbull are the developmental teams. ayt?
- smb turn over. “backing” all 80. 4 min to go.
- honti talking to pena before FTs. he told pena, “ASAP will be back, and with pops fernandez as main host”
- mark gaguioa with the patented tear drop shot. maybe he watched cardona’s tear drop tutorial.
- all 82. do i trust uichico to pull this one out if it comes to Xs & Os? Ummmmmmmmmm.
- Uh-oh, my worst nightmare. coach’s Xs and Os battle. and mark caguioa wanting to play hero ball.
- booing cabagnot all game long might have been a BAD IDEA.
- ayan na si jong with his X-Os. oops time out over. will mark caguioa shout “I WILL TAKE THE LAST SHOT!”
- yeah just like how jong uchico drew it, menk with an and one play! all tied up. all 85.
- i cant believe it im effin scared of cabagnot!
- exactly, what is hatfield doin on the bench. enrico did not box out jay wash. hatfield will (could have).
- ato agustin send artadi to the game. and he stole the ball. yan si ato.
- ato agustin: better coach, hirap mag english. jong uichico: better in english. hirap mag coach.
- sad. gins lost. this is wrap. binabati ko mga in laws ko. titas and titos ko. mga taga bataan.sa laguna too. mga taga alabang too. mabuhay!
I know nobody nobody but you read my tweets but I enjoyed this so I am doing this again during the finals.
That last time these two most popular teams in the land met in the Finals was in 2006-2007 season, withÂ Ginebra capturing the Philippine cup in Game 6 of the said series. After being down with 0-2 deficit, the Kings were able to beat the Beermen for four consecutive games en route to the Title.
Jong Uichico even proclaimed that they are the Miami Heat of the PBA, referring to the feat accomplished by the said NBA team against the Dallas Mavericks after being placed in the same situation as the Kings. And yes, they beat the Beermen 4-2. Still part of the Ginebra Kings then was one King named Rudy Hatfield, the H-BOMB.
My left hand is hurt and can’t play basketball myself on a Friday = Quick visit to PBA at Cuneta Astrodome.
I brought a camera hoping I’ll be able to take photos at courtside again.
I was able to get ringside seats (WHOPPING P470.00 each) but upon entry, there was a hold up, camera is not allowed for non media. After some failed begging, guard was firm, no-no for non-media guys.
A quick change of ticket is the only option so to the bleachers we went. And so, all pix posted are shots from heaven.
Both Ginebra and Rain or Shine need victories to force game 3s. The absence of Gabe Norwood proved too much for RoS, as they fell short against SLR. A super huge lesson learned by Norwood I am sure. Meanwhile, Ginebra’s famed never-say-die in full showcase. Ronald Tubid and Eric Menk powered Ginebra’s late game surge. They survived Don Don Hontiveros superb shooting night and Danny Seigle’s 4th quarter burst. Onto game 3 for the Gins.
Lowerbox and down, jampacked…
Here’s Artadi with new found touch. Thanks to Allan Caidic tutoring. Artadi made key baskets.
Thank God Jayjay and the Gins did not need late game, game winning attempts. It was San Miguel who needed a game winner. Unfortunately (fortunately for Brgy fans), Tugade missed the last shot.
If not for Menk’s power game in 4th quarter, it’s over.
Steady game from Junthy as always. This guy when healthy, when on the floor, he’s Ginebra stabilizer.
Ronald Tubid saves the day.
Not only Tubid is deadly on offense, he’s as valuable as a defender.
No late-game heroics for The Bonfire this time.
Protagonists Sol Mercado & Joseph Yeo…
Sol Mercado’s crossover was enough to send the series to full 3 games.
Dennis Espino still manning the frontcourt well. He played more minutes on this one with Marlou Aquino’s suspension.
Sol Mercado attempting here. He finished with 14 points.
One of RoS guards who filled up Norwood big shoes, Ryan Arana scored 17 points.
Another guard, Dulay played great. He scored 14 points.