For our comebacking “tweet of the day” post, we have Don Allado’s tweet beating out Deron Williams breaking news/tweet that he’s resigning with the Nets.
Coming off a KO loss to Powerade, Don Allado has this to say…
I’m the guy that says what others can’t.#PBA games are fixed. They control who is in & who is out. It’s a disgrace to be in this league.
— Don Allado (@alotofDON) July 3, 2012
Yeah, it may be stupid and sourgraping but in the social site buzz, it’s sweet tweeting for The Don. The tweet now has 193 re-tweets and 17 times favorited. Who knows how many follows did he get.
Now we are waiting for his next tweet, something like, “the #PBA fined me 50 grand and it hurts!”
Few days back, Joey de Leon was trending on twitter (updated, he’s now trending worldwide). Brought about by his appearance on Kris talk show. Joey’s trending kinda reminded me to do this post… an idea long been at the back of my head.
I’d like to list some personalities who I hope will be taking on Twitterverse soon.
1. First up, yes The Joey Deleon. Long time pop idol, I’d like to hear Starzan’s S/Os on Twitter.
ako’y sumali at ngayo’y mag-twi-tweet, at ang una kong hirit, si allan ay kuwela, talagang pang-eat.
2. Yeng Guiao. Who wouldn’t want to hear from Yeng Guiao every after loss (they’re in a 3-game losing skid BTW). You see, only the winning coach gets to be interviewed after the game. So, it will be nice to get inside Yeng’s shaved head after getting L.
^%%@# **%!)) Reperi!
3. Phil Jackson. Hey, the guy is retired with not much to do in Montana. He better be on twitter and say whats in his mind time to time about Buddhism, Basketball and Buss (Jenny).
If the San Antonio Spurs win it all this shortened season, they’ll have two rings with asterisks.
Hey Dolan, hook me up in NY.
You’re one hot Laker girl indeed. Yes, you.
4. Kobe Bryant. He was in, then he was out. The Mamba was on twitter and gained over 36,000 followers in just 3 hours. It will be just a matter of time and he’ll be back. With new shoes perhaps or a new brand to endorse, he’ll need to be back on Twitter.
Can you hear me now?!?!” AGAIN!?!?
Damn, Pau is really soft!
imma ice my elbow again, i took 45 shots tonight!
I miss you Phil! XOXO
5. Ryan Gregorio. If there’s one guy in the PBA that’s perfect for twitter, it’s coach Ryan Gregorio. He got bagful of motivational quotes and inspirational messages that will put @thenoteboook to shame.
Just win one game a time now.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Ooooops.
6. And finally, my fantasy Twitter Dream, Francis Magalona. One of the very first celebs who embraced social networking sites to connect to his fans/followers (mainly via the non-shopping-site version of Multiply.com), he could have been one heck of Twitter user. Releases of his t-shirts, collaborations, music, photography stuff, etc. Oh, I miss the guy.
This is our Feb Twitter Wrap.
I repeat… Did you know it could have been worse? We used to do this tweet updates, weekly, and it effin floods our site. Now itâ€™s more visitor-friendly, once a month.
Tons of tweets and links, zero chance that you’ll not get anything from our tweets that you can add up to your basketball wisdom!
Here we go…
- if u want to see how erik morales fights now, tune in to ibc13. he really is el terible now. in bad way.
- after this boxing fight between lorenzo and morales at channel 13, is the next program HOTSTUFF? feat @chino3nidad and anthony suntay?
- @chino3nidad hehe. ok will do. #hotstuff, fun times. ahead of its time yun, yung medyo light fun tawanan hoops show. thats the uso now.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWNsaGmJD8 this the 25k dollar balls dance by eddie house. that, for 1,000,000 pesos?!
- william joppy’s retired weeks ago,his ready to fight again. of all sports, i think boxers have harder time letting it go, oh d testosterone.
- our economy is like jason castro, going on faster rate pero talo pa din. i cant feel the economic surge.
- board game of some philippine leaders = snakes & leaders
- pacman gets 20 to 30 million pesos per product endorsement. wow!
- pacman mosley fight sells 16k tix in 3 hours. so much for the boycott call.
- who badly needs a rehab now? cavs or charliee sheen? vote now!
- This is the IN YOUR FACE DUNK if i ever saw one… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y-EvnfGO9Y
- dunno why magic johnson needs to drag his 300lb-self to thz stupid all star celebrity games. with bieber as teammate at that. baby baby oh!
- 16 more Ls and the wizards will set unbreakable dubious record. theyr now 0-25 in the road.
- lookin for boston celtics font…message board says, try “lakers” font. and really there is lakers font, and its the closest to celtics look
- we played hoops last night, amazingly for the 1st time some guys brought in some fil-chinese guys, 4 of ‘em. kung hei fat choi.
- the ref who told ali to remove ur friggin hands off frazier in 1975 will get lifetime achievement award from PSC. dolphy is so proud.
- wow baby dalupan was member of ateneo basketball team, captain of football team, member of track n field team,hw do u say phenom in the 50s?
- lebron with 51pts 11rebs 8asts in win. LBJ is thanking orlando for that comeback, they made lebron to do damage some more & pad up his nos.
- Miami Heatâ€™s The HEATLES T-shirt http://s-cred.com/catalog/2011/02/04/miami-heats-the-heatles-t-shirt/
- the captain is 100% cancer free. thanks God. in celebration, lets do 3 skyhooks when we play hoops and lets hve that fixed-SMIRK ala jabbar
- marc nelson will deliver a speech in naga today, i hope he’s wearing a shirt.
- Tim Bradley: ‘I Can Beat Manny Pacquiao, No Doubt’ – ang salita ay mura.
- mediocre julio chavez jr vs shot oscar de lahoya will still sell. amazing. this sport of boxing.
- by virtue of cavs slide, and miami rise, lebron james is the mvp of 2010-2011 season. oh wait, derrick rose-nians will protest!
- if studio 23 gets the PBA coverage, na kay ronnie nathanielsz ang huling halakhak. how do you say hahaha in sri lanka? LOL na lang.
- tnt players and chot got toyota vios and one month bonus for the championship. sana honda city na lang mas maganda front grille!
- coz of olsen racelas championships and longevity, im rating him over dindo pumaren and just a hair under ronnie magsanoc.
- idea via simmons emailer. yeah i think its high time for us all to put @ before our surnames, makes things easier. I, @sevsarmenta, hereby..
- exciting if pba made a tv special of the dispersal draft. salud: smb picks tugade. gary v sings. bmeg picks escobal. that concludes the DD.
- i wonder if robert jaworski received a month bonus and a cool corolla ’78 after toyota got the 1978 all filipino cup.
- carmelo anthony playing halfheartedly scores 50 points! this guy can score 100 points if his in NY and plays really hard!
- turns out jinkee and manny meeting w obama is still tentative. ok then, more time for jinkee to think, what louis vuitton bag to carry!
- if college standouts will signup with gilas, then be replaced by 6 PBA players during fiba events, dunno if thats the way they planned it.
- Quinito Henson: “No doubt about it, Talk â€˜Nâ€™ Text coach Chot Reyes is the PBAâ€™s best dresser” END OF STORY.
- jerry sloan is the last link to the old nba. ladies & gents, the new nba. its a players league. the twitter-generation.
- next thing you know, solar will drop a bomb, they’ll drop nba altgether.then, we’ll hve to do w/ NBAonGMA ni quinito. 2 months game delayed.
- looking back, you have to admire quinito henson. ganadong ganado sya sa pag-analyze ng game, kaht 2 mos na nangyari yung game.
- piston to retire dennis rodman jersey on april 1. yes, no theyr not fooling around. what?!
- during rodmans jersey retirememt, honored guests include stacy yarbrough, carmen elektra & madonna.
- bad as he wanna be, rodman is still 18,000 short of wilt record. his claim of 2000 bedded woman makes him an amateur compared to wilt 20k.
- there are ocasional ball hogin and smirks directed to teammates, but please enjoy kobe bryants game now, hes a master of the game now.
- kobe is at the pt of his career wher his understanding of the game is above all other players and his body can execute what he wants to do.
- imitating our parish priest, “do you get me?” nash, kidd et al, yeah they inteligent hoopsters but size/age limit both.
- cant get what i want to say im F’n flooding. hwbt this? KOBE is at the crosspoint wher his basketball genius matches athletic capabilities.
HALFTIME: If this post is a nosebleed, please follow HOOPH @ TWITTER so you get these, one tweet at a time. No need for bonamine then.
- changed our sidebar archive to per year not month.can u beliv this,wev doing this since 2000-freakin-6! www.hoops.blink.ph incase u dnt knw.
- bought my boy a lil soccer ball. only P280. im giving him the chance to learn futbol and date angel locsin-like babe come 2030-ish.
- marquee matchup pala kanina sa nba. nope, im not talkin about boston vs heat, im talkin about cavs (9-46) vs wizards (1-25 road)
- football mania generates 100million for futbol pilipinas til 2021 and more to come. sepak takraw NSA is looking for hunk fil-UK players now.
- tired of hearing bulls is decent 2 guard away from really contending. thats nuts. upgrade in the 2guard wont put this team over the top.
- Mosley: I’m doing Floyd’s ‘dirty work’ vs Pacquiao. — NO YOU’RE NOT SUGAR.
- floyds dirty work… beating babe, threatening others, ducking fights, cursing on live stream, accusing people, etc.
- its possible therll be a bill russel statue in boston. one thing is for sure,the statue will not resemble bill russel signing an authograph.
- a runaway boy who used to sell donuts made it to the white house and met the president of the free world. a mix of luck hardwork faith fate.
- dear @KingJames i made a t-shirt for u. u can give this to all those hecklers during ur road gms. to calm em down. want? http://goo.gl/hAHx6
- dear @KingJames your ZS3 is awesome. though its luma, is still ok! one of your better shoes. btw, luma is old. http://goo.gl/qnjrN
- manny pacquiao said obama is a tall man (maybe around 6-1), he may be, but paul williams is 6-2 and paul was considered as pac foe then.
- there are no photo leaks yet of obama pacman meet. pls dont google it now, or ul end up with this… http://goo.gl/0128N
- one thing that pba-dl will not help develop, the pbl
- teammate 1 to teammate 2, WALANG KANG BASKETBALL IQ! there goes our team chemistry.
- amazing that morales agrred to fight maidana. even more amazing, his fight seat can still command 350USD.
- Owner Dr. Jerry Buss: “I’ve been a fan of Jerry West for 50 years”… translation – we’re old dudes!
- http://goo.gl/QZsTd happy birthday MJ.
- Shawn Porter will be the spar mate of pacman in prep for sugar. he’s like the sean chambers of pacman camp.
- this is Fkn funny… http://goo.gl/rJYBb. ballsdontlie calls it, white on white crime. hinrich X-over redick.
- i honestly dnt knw what do we get by importing 6 3 imports. if u want to go global hoops, di masanay tyong dumepensa sa mga 6-10 na imports.
- sa tingin pa lang, nakakakiliti na ang bigote ni miller! there he goes, makes a 3 pt shot! of course quinito says… u gues it, WHAT A SHOT!
- is marlou aquino 6-9 still? usually aproaching 40s, men shrink. baka di na sya skyscraper nw.
- ross taulava espinas dandridge mac on court for bolts. si cardona lang ang mukang di import.
- once gregorio starts his words of wisdom quotables,mac cardona starts talking trash, and i see my meralco bill,ang hirap magcheer 4 meralco.
- ryan gregorio: “we wil take it one game a time” “our boys have hearts of champions” “i wish world peace”
- kobe shoes this coming all-star game, http://dont.blink.ph/2011/02/19/nike-zoom-kobe-vi-2011-all-star-version/
- lebron shoes for asg 2011… http://dont.blink.ph/2011/02/19/lebron-8-v2-asg-2010/
- my picks, james jones will win the 3pt shooting. stephen curry on skills. i still say blake is an ingame dunker. im going with derozan.
- oops, reggile miller getting a HOF pass. he better make the list next yr. dont think hell ever get ther as an analyst like chick hearns.
- what’s donaire secret dream fight, ssshhhhh! (pacman – donaire @ 130 lbs)
- kevin durant = jamie foxx.
- amare & melo now wait for chris paul to form their own big three.
- jay-z’ lebron to nets is fail. melo to nets is fail. the only person whos attracted to jay-z is beyonce. then again, thats not too bad.
- @GENTLE_GIANT4 mac is this your true shooting form? http://goo.gl/KDQ9z
- remember when there are talks of reformatting nba playoffs coz the east is so weak? now, leastern conference no more!
- if deron thinks he cant stand sloan then, wait til he get avery hands on coaching. avery voice alone will make deron not sign d extension.
- chris paul in NY press conf, circa 2012… “cough cough (teary eyes) this a dream come true for me”
- i swear if griffin bolts out of clips after his rookie contract, mo williams will kill self. mo thought about retiring after lebron went out
- Rado Dimalibut calling a Maynilad game… “eto na po ang mga magtutubig”
- this new air21 – smb deal is the MOST LOPSIDED trade in the history of mankind.
- dear smb,winning isnt evrything. ther r fans to win & joys to get in building players/team from ground up. u know JAWORSKI?
- a three point brick by lebron. chicago ftw. i guess for this game, lebron left his talent in south beach.
- hi perk, cmon say 1 2 3 Ubuntu!
- younghusband is a hunk,plays for a living, tweets as pastime,gets free food @ dencios,can date angel locsin “some other time”.Life is fair?!
- “Jazz officials insist team isn’t in rebuilding mode” , yeah tell that to the marines, and the Mormons.
- ok, best player of the conference update, leading candidate is josh urbiztondo. averaging 31 pts, 6 asts so far!
- two in a row! denver nuggets fans: melo who?
- if chris paul goes to NY and D williams settles in NJ, the rivalry heats up even more. NY / NJ, paul / deron.
- Where do u think 1 kid can truly learn 2 play good basketball?Basketball Clinic OR Pickup & Street Hoops http://hoops.blink.ph/pollsarchive/
- hmmmm… celtics sent perkins to OKC for them to eliminate lakers in the west. celtics then need not worry about LA. hmmmmm
- “man with a million moves” copyright mico halili 2008.
- magoo marjon (slang): “tumira ng lawlaw si spears!” what the? anu yan brief?
- amazing dat simon & james yap have coexisted all these yrs.lots of good 2 player combos did not. caidic-apet, jolas-cardel, meneses-duremdes
- i cant remember a finals mvp who fell and stock dipped so quickly than jonas villanueva. he’s smb finals mvp like 2 yrs ago.
- espino = el capitan? tsk tsk tsk.
- for those who are asking, y air21 cnt seem to hold on to franchise players, meron po, Wynne “manugang” Arboleda is Air21′s Franchise Player.
- dont agree with wynne? that he is air21′s franchise player? buy a courtside seat, and yell and tell it to wynne. :-)
- john ferriols: guitars & back up vocals, pupil.
- gabe norwood playing for YG, hell be exposed really. defense, leadership, his outside shooting (or lack of it), decisions.tough conf for him
- alaska vs ginebra, good cuneta crowd, parang 1996 lang. o kaya 1997 na lang so ginebra wins. go boars!
- let it be known, @Jason_Webb_Phil is one of the best tv guys in the pba. maybe the best, e sya gusto kong nagcocover ng games eh.
- wow tony delacruz wearing “im good” mustache.
- match na match ang laban sa poste, thoss vs villanueva, parehong tentantive sa post.
- this is ok game. earlier ROS gm ok too. the gilas game was ok too. lots of good games. ok pa din ang pba, wala lang lokohan na trades. ok.
- im really for no height limit for imports but sometimes like this, when we have good quick explosive import forwards, pwede na din.
- “the great” monicker. napansin din ni jason thats its old man! and woman.
- @patriciahizon might get a notice from alexander estate’s lawyer for the use of that “the great”
- jong is calling his players with surname. tensed? uy pakita nyo passport nyo, say present!
- sana may 82games.com din pba, we can check gins record in close games. RT @cricohermoso sinabi na. pag close games, ginebra dehado
- ronald tubid watching oscar… “acting? i am better than all of you guys!”
- the best actor in the nba… paul pierce.
- the best actor in the pba… ronald tubid.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT8RA6JQks nba, where wheelchair happens. mala willis reed lang.
- gabe ave so far, 26 mpg, 7 ppg. uh-oh. ill monitor this. this is my no.2 stat watch. no. 1 is gilas 3pt shooting %.
- there goes jong clutchness RT @fmango Sun loss dropped BGK’s record to 2-8 this season in gms dcided by 3pt or less or OT @cricohermoso
- nat canson coaches indonesia’s 7-1 max. http://goo.gl/haiL2
If this post gave you headache, please follow HOOPH @ TWITTER so you get these, one tweet at a time. No need for bonamine then.
My additional notes are on italics.
Because I’ll be absent for game 5, I am making up by editing the tweets for clarity and by adding extra-long notes.
- last night magoo opened up the 2nd half, today turned on tv, and it’s luigi trillo, my all time fave. (Magoo and Luigi opening up the show, now I am sports blessed! That’s the term we should use in such situations. Like, if you turn on the TV and you got Lakers game on BTV, Boom talking about, um, balls over at BALLS, you have boxing too over at Solar TV, you say, oh my, I am “sports blessed.”)
- best player of the conference to be announced, it’s j-wash im sure.
- and the best player of the conference is… jess lapid jr.
- ryan reyes back in action. will he be the difference maker?
- breaking the ice, is a minty cool low post move by de ocampo. (Ranidel is Yancy The Postman’s OLDER and BIGGER brother right? Why the heck, Ranidel has mean low-post moves and Yancy is a 6 foot 9 inches three point shooter?)
- back to back pene by artadi. and one on the second. and he missed the xtra FT. who wins 100m sprint alapag vs artadi. artadi wins.
- 2 fouls on alapag. did i mention that artadi will give alapag some trouble? yes i did.
- lots of jack & jill fouls by both teams. jack & jill, chippy. (I’ll be waiting for Mico Halili to use this, “lTubid commited a jack & jill foul!” But I am planning to have it trademarked so he can’t use it.)
- midway thru 1st. all tied up @ 6.
- jared has more traveling calls than points.
- bpc jay washington with a three. reyes hits back. tnt 10 – smb 12. hope the bpc award doesnt jinx jwashinton? i want this series 2-2. (See ?I favor no-one, my tweet-cast is bias-free! Unlike RN, he writes with subjectiveness – I invented that word.)
- 16 smb – 10 tnt. timeout. what do we now, ok how about lets follow @jackieforster
- after timeout, jwash still pumping points. and one for him. kelly williams can contain jay washington right?
- cabagnot with a three. then an interception. dorian pena and ali peek on a heavyweight duel, they are matched both offense and defense. (Earlier I picked Artadi over Alapag in 100 meter sprint, now I am picking Ali Peek over Pena in a 3 rounder super heavyweight boxing match.)
- dorian pena missed 2 FTs. then fouls harvey carey for an and one. end of 1st 23 smb – 17 tnt. game has same DNA of game3. tnt watch out.
- sunday hits 3. extends lead to 9. he dedicated that three-to-yee.
- another 3-point play for carey. amazing how he lasted in the pba though he’s an undersized PF.
- timeout again. tnt slices lead to 6. tnt 22 – smb 28. one of the best undersized power forwards in the pba… noli locsin. in the nba, barkley.
- still 28 – 22, and i see no kelly williams still. he;s been on the bench for quite a stretch now. jared and peek enter. jared scores.
- let me jusy say this… WHATTTAA A PAASSSS! (imitating quinito henson) nice pass by boy-creamsilk to danny i. (I miss Quinito Henson. Just saying.)
- jason catro aggressive but the SMB interior defense is dismissive.
- smb still up by 6, 31 – 24. timeout. japeth aquilar in the house. if healthy japeth joins TnT line-up sometime soon, it (competition) is over.
- double digit lead for the first time, smb 36 – tnt 25. three by arwind. not a believer of arwind 3-skills but hes been hitting it well now.
- timeout, commercial now.. check this miami heat t-shirt..The Heatles… http://streetcred.multiply.com/photos/album/264/The_Heatles#photo=1
- denok w a beauty pass, smb now have 15-point margin, 25 – 40. another TO by TNT. again, this tweet-log is brought to you by s-cred.com
- back to back buckets by tnt, reyes then de ocampo. they want this lead below 10.
- almost. smb 42 – tnt 31. that end game run by TNT, 6 points is big. they are about to be blown out then it happened. halftime.
Halftime… its time to say…Â Follow HOOPH on twitter
- 2nd half now. i myself went on a 15 minute stationary biking. i want to be as fast as jason castro. but not out of control like him.
- now a 10 point lead. 3 by alapag and 2 by arwind. 44 – 34.
- after an airball by honti, he made three. thats what shooter is for, to keep on shooting no matter what. ask john starks.
- back to jason castro, did you know, that quinito henson gave him the monicker… THE MAESTRO. i’m speechless.
- i lurv coach chot’s polo. i want halo-halo. la lang.
- ryan reyes super open, drains three. hontiveros flopped and got the offensive foul called. TNT with another 3. down to 8.
- now down to 6. ryan reyes w a fastbreak 2. and we kinda anticipated ryan reyes making a difference.
- ryan reyes, strong finisher, has outside shot, rebounds well, defends great. all what you want for a guard. and pogi.
- smb 58 – tnt 51. its all 3FG attempts for TNT this quarter. but two straight misses by them.
- everytime tnt make a run, smb got the answers. arwind with a three, and alex scores 2, lead back to dozen. or to 14 jwash scores, and one.
- and where the heck is kelly williams? hes the machine gun for crissakes.
- sunday hits corner 3, that really takes a lot out of TNT air. and alex hits a buzzer beater. again. can you say 2-2? try it. 2 – 2.
- early 4q action, 74 smb – tnt 59. and the machine gun is in. and the machine gun made a left hook shot. (tokwat baboy waiting for me btw)
- 78 smb – tnt 68. just a 10 point lead. feel of the game, the look of the
players, seems like smb leads 15 or more. kaya pa yan, gyera na to! (Gyera na to, that is a tribute to dyan castillejo’s boxing coverage style!)
- 2 former pba mvp players are playing in the finals. guess who’s not playing like an mvp. (Clue, Not Danny Ildefonso)
- just 7 point lead. and the former mvp, kelly williams, scored and then, rebounded the ball. tnt ball. denok sits down, danny i enters.
- down to 5. jason “the maestro” castro hits a 10 foot jumper.
- “vintage” danny 1 with a fadeway. and now he rebounded. im thinkin what if danny i stayed healthy his whole career? (tweeted this one time, you know you are old if you make a move, and they start calling you, vintage_insert_name_here. Like this, if Sydman reads this, I am hoping he’ll say, VINTAGE BEN!)
- i like TNT, though down, not panicking, they are passing ball well. “Science” yung missed easy shots ni harvey.
- jimmy for 2. 81 smb – 78 tnt. smb playing to protect the lead. danny i open, he passed. jay wash open, he passed. arwind open, he bricked. (BTW, on my live tweet, I keep on mistyping Arwind to Arwing, may I suggest that we give Arwind that moniker? Ar-wing, he got wings! He can fly! Cmon Mico, please use Arwing?!)
- nakalimutan na ni ato agustin yung alapag-stopper, si artadi, AKA, DORA. ryan reyes cramped, but still able to sky for a follow up put back. RESPECT. (Just how in the world two franchise players just landed on MVP team’s lap, Williams and Ryan Reyes. And then, Cardona and Solomon will team up in another MVP team, MERALCO. MVP, SMC-V2.)
- arwind passes. to the ref. (san miguel turn over.) last 2 minutes. smb up by only 5. this 30 sec time out is brought to you by mighty bond.
- castro with an effin all net 3.
- danny i missed and TNT run, jimmy alapag attacked the lane that time like how he attacks… wag na lang.
- whoever i put as twitter background, they perform. goodluck charm it is. cabagnot then, azkals before, now ryan reyes.
- the only twitter background personality i used as background who didn’t perform well is, ronnie nathanielsz. ayaw umepekto.
- san mig fouls larry fonacier. they are in penalty. fonacier missed the first, hits the second and game tied. hoooooo hooooooo gera na to!
- its frigin clear, pick n roll is the play, lets see if smb executes.
- cabagnot from onset will not pass that ball. hes out to make a shot. and he made it. i think TNT automatically doubles cabagnot. no other choice. (I am not a fan of Alex but Cabagnot is the undisputed clutch player in the PBA. Clutch-er than James Yap. Clutch-er than Miller.)
- OLSEN ON THE LINE!!!! tnt fans should shout Busan! Busan! Busan! Busan! ahhhhhh, he made 2 of 2.
- tnt 87, smb 89. smb has the ball. time out smb. coach racela with some inputs. lots of time still.
- tnt made the right play, JUST EFFIN DENY CABAGNOT THE BALL! and the offense freezed. racela missed side 3. now up to chot for tnt to score. (Past tense pala ng freeze is froze but you get the drift)
- last word from chot: “IKAW NA BAHALA DYAN, ONE ON ONE!” so ayus na.
- olsen on the line again. shout KO-RE-A! KO-RE-A! KO-RE-A! KO-RE-A! KO-RE-A! daim racela is clutch, make 2 of 2 again! series tied all two. (Sorry I can’t forget Busan still, that is the most painful day of my basketball watching. Sorry Olsen for the tease.)
- tokwat baboy time, ill get back to this game.
- final score smb 91 – tnt 87. coach chot called it, he wanted one on one, de ocampo complied, missed a turn around though.
- the good thing going for tnt is that, they fought hard and came back in what seems to be a one-sided one for smb. zero momentum this game 5.
- surprised, lots of times, alapag passed the ball too early. thats not jimmy-like, seems like he doesn’t want any part of sisi just in case.
- game 5 should be explosive. imagine what a rested ryan reyes,Â awakened kelly williams, driven alapag will all do. i got TNT winning game 5. this a twrap!
Here’s my game notebook for game 3. Was able to catch the game end of 2nd quarter coz I had some work to do that pays the bills (very unlike this basketball posting)
Since I covered only half the game, I’ll insert additional notes (ITALICIZED) on my game tweets.
- whoa, traffic. im home. im pickin up the game, 3rd quarter. and walah, magoo marjon on screen. my fave.
- andy says human nature, tnt will slack off. thats exactly what i said to my betting fella. im for smb tonyt. to the tune of 200 petot. (and I did win 200 pesos)
- tnt 37, smb 47, after an ali peek FTs. if tnt wins, im expecting trivias galore from ali peek. all night. (ali peek’s on court serious demeanor, fierce game, menacing looks, intimidating physique are completely opposite of his off-court personality. he is actually a cool guy on twitter. btw, tnt lost and ali was absent on twitter land last night. unlike paul artadi, win or lose, he’s tweeting away!)
- alapag no respect whatsoever with artadi’s shooting, or lack there of.
- cabagnot with back-to-back assists to danny i. maybe danny i supplies alex cabagnot’s mane & tail. tnt 56 smb 44
- remember when i said, enrico villanueva is p*rn lead male star look material? so is jared dillinger. (ok lets do this, who are the sexy film materials in the PBA, Enrico Villanueva, Jared Dillinger, Rudy Hatfield of course, James Yap makes the list. But for sexy comedy film, run away winner is Wesley Gonzales.)
- another pass by cabagnot to danny. tnt misses and cabagnot hits two. i can smell my 200 pesos already.
- jared with a nice pass, to chot. (turn-over TnT)
- even 20 point lead by smb. 66 – 46. cabagnot is holding court.
- danny i mvp 2001, still playing productive ball 10 yrs after his mvp year. (very few players lasted another 10 years in the pba after winning his MVP.)
- johnny a faded 10 yrs after his lone 1996. alvin did not get to 2007 after winning his last mvp in 1997. mon fernandez retired 6 years later after winning 1988 mvp.
- (Other players who lasted another 10 years after wining their MVP…) jawo played 2 decades later after winning 1978 mvp. and paras won 1999 mvp again after winning 1989 mvp.
- smb 72 tnt 53. speaking of johnny a, jason castro is touted to be next johnny, why cant jason fulfil the promise? (why? because johnny a, though super quick and fast, he was calculated and never out of control. And Abarrientos’ mid-range shooting game is deadly. He has better basketball IQ than Castro too.)
- coach chot pulling out his stars, ah yeah, the mind games. (I believe Chot Reyes off-season sideline is being a speaker, or motivational coach, I think he has an outfit or business along that line. and he haz parlor too!)
- lemme me just say that jared dillinger is the most sosyal kangkarot in the pba now. (and i hope you understand kangkarot)
- hall of fame kangkarot is… jayvee gayoso.
End of third quarter, time now for the Twitter invite.Â Follow HOOPH on twitter and improve our follower ratio improve to 3 is to 1. 3 real followers to one “bot” follower. (By the way, since the last game tweet I had, we gained 20 new followers, by that rate, by 2157, we’ll have 2000 followers! yay!)
- start of 4q. carey scores 2. smb 77 – tnt 58. scary moment for smb, danny s is down.
- this is dangerous for tnt, theyr giving smb tooooooooo muchhhhhhhhh confidence. this could carry over to the next game. make d game close. (mark these words, after this blow-out, SMB regained the momentum, they will win game 4. wanna bet? seriously, wanna bet, 200 pesos max. my food allowance ill bet it. kids don’t try this on your baon)
- oreta and castro with some classic hits targetting alex. im telling you, alex’ hair is starting to be the envy of the league. (i think today they were fined by the league 10k each.)
- HOW CAN YOU NOT SHOW MICA ABESAMIS WHEN SHE SPEAKS!?
- cabagnot doing his best steve nash impersonation. (but he carried the ball that time.)
- oreta hesitated on his shot, and he missed. next game it will be coach chot who will hesitate to put him on floor.
- ok now lets take a look at mica abesamis now… http://hoops.blink.ph/2009/03/07/mica-abesamis-takes-over/
- is there any other player who got surname that describes him well? cmon, mick penissi is the runaway winner!
- timeout, geez i dont even know the score. ah here…
- 87 61 smb, but fonacier scoring a 3. 8:02 left in the 4th qtr. (via @nicole_eunice)
Inserting a commercial here… HOW ABOUT BUY SOME DSLR Accessories here.
- (Back to the game) asi taulava, pretty good. his surname reflects his physique.
- bong hawkins, the hawk. not bagay. that guy didnt jump (fly) his whole career. (other players whos name/surname fit them… Paras – me anghang ang laro, Jolas- parang madulas, Samigue, Samboy – tunog umeere, Joey Sta. Maria – parang mabait, Limpot, Ricky Brown, Rabeh Al-Hussaini – parang mahilig sa kebab, Topex, Yancy – tunog ng ayaw makipag banggaan sa ilalim, Reavis – parang mapang-sisi na kakampi, Mark Macapagal – sounds like he’ll shoot the ball whatever happens)
- ANDY JAO: “you know the TNT is completely being outplayed here.” DUH? and the sun will rise tomoro. (by the way, ill take andy jao as the analyst most of the time, but when the doc starts talking about nba when I know, he doesn’t follow nba hard like many of us do, i am thankful, the tv manufacturer did not forget to include the “mute” button on the RC.)
- uy, nadito pala si rich. (alvarez, FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK! FIRST PICK!)
- smb 97 – tnt 75. garbage time.
- @hooph c(k)abagnotan translates to damuhan… So cabagnot..is madamo..ehehe go figure… (via nicole_eunice)
- i think ill pass on that “damuhan” and cabagnot corelation. :-)
- @nicole_eunice dick pennisi FTW.
- smb with a 21 point lead, and sunday is bloddy mess. heads to the dugout.
- and it ended with that lead, 21. danny i mvp of the game. time now to greet his folks all over.
- for smb to win the next game, i think they need to retire mick. then let mick pennisi to do some pep talk.
- didnt catch the whole game but happy coz i heard some of my fave lines from mico halilli, “bibical proportions” “sunday special” & KABOOM!
- @mbrmrph yes dear, did not mention his name or anything bout him now coz of the situation. hell be stronger im sure. our prayers.
- final score 103 – 82, smb ftw.
- geez just what the world needed, alex cabagnot, in the dugout, on towel, wet hair and all. is the director um… forget it.
- coverage over, our help wants to watch wowowee prime time edition
- speaking of willing willie, how long is this show btw, its 9.30 already and still the girls are gyrating still.
- excluding @shalanisoledad of course. she doesnt dance. “kantanong” thats her line.
- my last non sports twit of the day. either willie is a revolutinary tv man or people TV taste is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy low. his show is a cheap friggin piyesta show on air and its a hit show.
- by the way, this twitter game coverage is brought to you by dragon katol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToSXFkjCu1k
- this is twrap. twitter wrap. twrap.
The series is heating up, likely, I’ll do this again on Game 4. Join me please. Pretty please.
These are my notes (game log) scooped from Twitter. Follow us on twitter BTW.
For it to be authentic and thought of the moment thing, I will not edit the tweets (and I am lazy).
- nevermind that this is SMC fest, this sanmig – gins game ill watch end to end. last time i watched wire to wire is… i dont remember.
- cabagnot booed by gin fans.could mean he is really good or they are envy of the alex’ hair.
- cabagnot shd be flaterrd if bood by gins. other playrs bood by gin fans, jolas, alvin, ramon, hawkins, asaytono, good company.
- jason webb said washington hit on mark is not a tech. its a tech. coz foul already outside on cabgnot. and he fouled mark again.
- jay washington = jess lapid jr.
- i dunno if enrico villanueva will take this as a complement, he got this good looks, the look of lead male p*rn star.
- if you’ll send ronald tubid back in time and switch him w hubalde, bernie fabiosa wont notice the diff. lalo na kung di nag ahit si tubid.
- on hubalde – tubid switch, of course when tubid starts missing pa-board shots, and starts flopping, we’ll know its not hubalde.
- satin satin lang to ha, danny seigle acts like a spoiled brat and feels he’s stil superstar. 2001 ba?
- this got to be written in the record books, for team managers, samboy lim holds the all time record for most number of player taps.
- who are the current players of ginebra that can play with the jaworski era ginebra?
- obviously, mark caguioa got the game and “tricks” to play for jawo. he is shoo-in.
- tubid is perfect for jawo. mukang uto uto din sa coach eh. JAWO: ronald dito ka! this is you. abangan mo si cabagnot! TUBID: yes coach!
- Ooops, the score… Gin 41 – SMB 39.
- Eric Menk can play for jawo-era ginebra. no question. heck, mamaril passed jawo big-man standards.
- Willie Wilson can play jawo-basketball. definitely.
- Hatfiled fits jawo style to a “H”, err T.
- romulo mamaril, texted me, he said billy mamaril got what it takes to play for jawo-like ginebra. i said what? the surname?
- what the? every game, olsen racela hits crucial end of quarters points. this guy is clutch. wait, i remember busan still. HE IS NOT CLUTCH.
- mark caguioa = funny. “MGA FILAMS KASI YANG SMB” something iike that. hehe
- smb 46 – gins 45. half time.
HALFTIME BEGGING: Let me urge you to follow HOOPH on twitter.
- artadi fouled rudy. makes 2 FTs. rudy fouled artadi. misses 2 FTs.
- smb making mistake by low posting jay wash vs villanueva. jay wash should attack from the outside.
- amazingly, cabagnot always goes to his right. he is a leftee. 62 gins – 60 ginebra.
- pena missed 1 FT. i guess he is half inspired today, maybe missing pops fernandez. he is back on the line now.
- cabagnot goes left and he lost the ball. hmmm. if i am the defender ill seal his right… and hide cabagnots hair conditioner too
- how old is dondon honti? hes been around since the mba days since 1998. thats like a 13 year good career run. he cud be 34 if he started 21.
- dondon resume: mba cebu gems runner up. good tanduay career. phil international representation, smb championships and dated VALERIE.
- John Wilson with 2 ober da bakod shots. thats his game 6 stats so far.
- (timeout, not tweeted) i miss the ELASTOSEAL commercial. AY!
- ah yeah, thanks we got youtube… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0en8R4EWPM
Since we’re takin breaks, let’s pause, and I urge you to follow HOOPH on twitter. Ay!
- tim cone cant believe what he is watching now, willie miller actually orchestrating offense. ginebra 69, san miguel 67.
- rudy hatfield = paul jr (american choppers)
- if enrico is the RAGING BULL he should stop pump fakin and go strong for two!
- di naman ganung halata na gusto manalo ni sev ang ginebra.
- mark caguioa 3 secs off from bench hits a three. and arwind hits back with a three. 73 gins – 74 smb.
- what the, caidic just tapped intal 4 straight times. for this game heres the log, samboy 183 taps – caidic 179 player taps. this is close!
- intal commited his 4th foul this quarter. sonny cabatus record of 6 fouls in a quarter is in danger.
- 78 smb 75 ginebra. arwind santos catching fire.
- this is santos vs tubid. both air21 alumni. pba doesnt need developmental league. air21 redbull are the developmental teams. ayt?
- smb turn over. “backing” all 80. 4 min to go.
- honti talking to pena before FTs. he told pena, “ASAP will be back, and with pops fernandez as main host”
- mark gaguioa with the patented tear drop shot. maybe he watched cardona’s tear drop tutorial.
- all 82. do i trust uichico to pull this one out if it comes to Xs & Os? Ummmmmmmmmm.
- Uh-oh, my worst nightmare. coach’s Xs and Os battle. and mark caguioa wanting to play hero ball.
- booing cabagnot all game long might have been a BAD IDEA.
- ayan na si jong with his X-Os. oops time out over. will mark caguioa shout “I WILL TAKE THE LAST SHOT!”
- yeah just like how jong uchico drew it, menk with an and one play! all tied up. all 85.
- i cant believe it im effin scared of cabagnot!
- exactly, what is hatfield doin on the bench. enrico did not box out jay wash. hatfield will (could have).
- ato agustin send artadi to the game. and he stole the ball. yan si ato.
- ato agustin: better coach, hirap mag english. jong uichico: better in english. hirap mag coach.
- sad. gins lost. this is wrap. binabati ko mga in laws ko. titas and titos ko. mga taga bataan.sa laguna too. mga taga alabang too. mabuhay!
I know nobody nobody but you read my tweets but I enjoyed this so I am doing this again during the finals.
- BAKIT CAPS MAG-TWEET SI CHINO TRINIDAD? GALIT? #
- am re-watching the fight via gma’s super delayed telecast, tel sev sarmenta let his mates do sme talkin too and not shout lyk 90% of d time #
- http://goo.gl/Gyg6Q Manny Pacquiao is A Superstar, A Hero and My New Celebrity Crush #
- http://goo.gl/7XzIA take a look at margarito. reason y delahoya quit, clottey didnt punch. #
- magaritos face broken. laurence cole is stupid for not stopping the fight. and so his corner #
- http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5805223 ill make a new blog teddyatlasisnuts.com #
- guardian – “He is a great champion, perhaps an even greater human being” http://goo.gl/Y8PEm #
- 4 the first time, im liking cabagnot. he fits smb. he puts pressure on defense by attacking and being busy. and he got his own offense too. #
- or, it might be cabagnots hair i luv. #
- now even adande thinks 72 is possible…http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101107/daily-dime #
- jordan farmar is not exactly lighting it up in jersey. 7 points 3 ast in 21 min. lasy year 7 pts, 1.5 ast in 18 min. #
- uh-oh no contract extension by blazers for oden. tells something about oden bones strength or lack thereof. #
- do you want it? do u want another MVP team in the PBA? let me hear u say yeah yeah here comes the maynilad aquanauts http://goo.gl/r51k #
- http://goo.gl/w5X4 simmons says: wade is the 2nd banana. #
- its awful imagine rendition but im cool w it! this is the pacman! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4hHMIpnjU #
- $100k gamble: The story of the first Pacquiao After-Fight party… http://philboxing.com/news/story-46011.html #
- http://goo.gl/8N75V celtics do the hhaalloowweenn. #
- actor playing armed man with a toy gun shot dead. geez. http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4433771 #
- if the lakers trade steve blake for bmeg’s maihoffer, til they start the game, we wont notice the diff. #
- news: a man was asked what he’ll do if he wins the 300 million lotto, he said, BIBILI AKO NG PAGKAIN. lolo, FTW. #
- Washington Wizards John Wall does “The Dougie” dance pre-game – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pry6Cp0kSO0 #
- the wipeout show at AXN, on Wii. http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sim/wipeoutthegame/index.html #
- if villanueva got prob with KG’s “cancer trash” he shud hve setled it with KG at the moment. Get KG right ther.And not tweet about it later! #
- Manny Pacquiao on CBS â€œ60 Minutesâ€ Sunday November 7, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. #
- Awkward Low-Five Moments in NBA History: Kevin Love and Wesley Johnson – http://goo.gl/0X4KE #
- Mayweather doesn’t believe he can beat Manny Pacquiao – Roy Jones http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/bn08/detail.asp?id=2063 #
- only 80-2 for heat now. go heat! #
- Lebron James “Rise” Commercial & Cleveland’s Response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM #
- margarito says pacman shud dedicate himself on boxing and not singing. oh yeah boy, toni boy, that he will do on the 14th. #
- http://goo.gl/OmpoC pacman official US sarisari store. #
- pacman gets new SUV. http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacquiao-gets-new-suv-65865 the rich gets richer. #
- http://goo.gl/veFlZ jinkee’s new belo billboard. take this krista! #
- is magic ready to take his magic elsewhere. he sold his lakers share. most def looking for a new team to own. um, just like mike. #
- tnt will follow some lebron road games. bron got chance to give it to charles. for calling is move, a punk move. #
- Manny Pacquiao: How Would the Boxing Star Fare in These 10 Other Sports? http://goo.gl/CGyd #
- this just got to me, pacquiao is a senator waiting to happen. you know the masa, theyll vote for him. hell not be eligible til his 35 tho. #
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjZN3ZW9ZWA Rosell Ellis talks about cross-dressing basketball fans #
- gusto mong magswimming? http://cashcashpinoy.com/deal/manila/pass-48-61.html #
- http://www.baycityball.com/2010/10/19/best-postgame-hair-ever/ best postgame hair ever. #
- imagine i get a hold of the Athletic Propulsion Labs’ $300 Concept 1 shoe, ill be dunkin on all the construction workers in my neighborhood! #
- notice when kobe celebrated on top of the officials table, he was still holding the ball. ball hog? #
- magic got pat, and howard goes to hakeem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArHU1ewSog says a lot about the 94 rivalry ewing vs hakeem. #
- concerned roach… http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/9116227.stm #
- http://www.slamonline.com/online/other-ballers/international/2010/10/slam-radio-rafe-bartholomew-qa/ Rafe Bartholomew Q + A #
- http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/10/21/10/wanna-buy-michael-jordans-mercedes-mclaren-slr like mike ride? #